Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Reflections

This is one of those rare classes that I'm sad is coming to an end and wish I could take it over and over again.   The experience has been a humbling one, witnessing people of various backgrounds work together towards a common goal.  When someone spoke in this class, they were heard and respected, every time. Not one person, no matter how passionate, ever attempted to force their agenda on anyone else. It always felt like a safe and comfortable space to speak and listen.  We had some difficult decisions to make, and we did it together with open ears and hearts.  It was an honor to work with these folks.
I've been inspired by this class to more aggressively pursue making meaningful social change. Volunteer work has been important to me for a long time but this course has readied me to work in more challenging environments where I can make the most direct impact. This class taught me that I can be an important part of the community and that philanthropy is more about heart than money.
I had the opportunity to visit Right to Dream Too with two of my amazing classmates and that is an experience that will move me for years to come
This class renewed my hope, taught me practical skills, and has inspired me to inspire others. I would recommend this course to anyone with the slightest desire to make a positive impact on their community.

No comments: