Monday, June 12, 2017

It Changes My Perspective on Nonprofits Work Ever!


This class is one of my favorite classes. Learning how to work in a group, and learning how non profits organizations realistic work. Those were highlights of the Students4Giving for me. Moreover, it helps me understand many principles in the society such as principle of partipation when we have critical thinking discussion, principle of acceptation when we have vote, principle of communication when we share in blog or discussion board in D2L.

The significant moment for me during the class was about site visit to the organizations.We all analyze social issues, the grant-making process from many nonprofits organizations in Portland metro area through five organizations. After that we were separated in a small group to visit organization managed by group’s members, and prepare to identify a specific community need for the project. The significance of this process is how the value of each dollar donated when it becomes a powerful learning experience for college students. Also, the democracy vote is surprised me the most because it was only one best thing to make the classmate equal, respect, and happy.


BeyoncĂ© is one of the best person inspire me. She sings the powerful song for inspire other people, and it should be the theme song for the class. She released a music video names “I Was Here” in honors of World Humanitarian Day, August 19 2012. The music video shows images of U.N. aid workers on the scene in various wars, famines, and floods around the world. The music video connected viewers to a response focused web site, http://www.whd-iwashere.org/, reminding them that their presence and action could make a difference to the world’s future.

                                    

Recommend to watch !!

(the song I was here lyrics)

“I want to leave my footprints on the sands of time Know there was something that, meant something that I left behind When I leave this world, I’ll leave no regrets Leave something to remember, so they won't forget

I was here I lived, I loved I was here I did, I’ve done everything that I wanted And it was more than I thought it would be I will leave my mark so everyone will know I was here…..”


I used to be a careless person, and I do not trust in a free help. Many years ago I proved that my thinking was wrong. I saw people in my country help each other when they had a natural disaster on the news. I will go back to my country very soon, so I will study about nonprofits organization in Thailand. I will help them by being volunteer, make someone feel better, stand up for someone sad, cook meals for hunger, and donate some cloths or money. It has been changing in my focus, result, and even my personal life.



No comments: