Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Reflection

 Before entering this class I had very little knowledge about the inner workings of nonprofits, I only knew the end results. This class has changed all of that. I now know the hours of work that goes into running a nonprofit and the stress and frustration that can bring. I also know that it can be rewarding beyond belief.
  Seeing the passion that many of the presenters had was really inspiring. This is not just a job for them. They truly care for and believe in what they are doing.This class has further solidified my dream of working in a nonprofit for the rest of my life.
 Students4Giving is a truly unique experience.I enjoyed being able to read the grant proposals for every organization. I loved going on a site visit to see where our money would go. The fact that we were involved every step of the way was something you don't really get anywhere else.
 I have had an amazing time in this class. The people I met, as well as the experiences I had will really stick with me in the future. I am sort of sad that this is the last class. I will miss seeing everyone's faces every Tuesday and Thursday.

No comments: