Tuesday, June 13, 2017

My reflection

In PCC, the Students4Giving program has been one of the most remarkable experiences that I've ever had in a class. Therefore, the most highlighted moment of the class was when we had the option to go to site visits. I went to Candlelighters, an nonprofit organization that helps out families with children that have cancer. It was a heartwarming visit to Candle Lighters because the motivation and heart behind them really showed me that they would do anything in their will to help others out. Basically, after have visiting them and hearing stories of other classmates experiences in site visits, I've learned that a majority of nonprofit organizations actually do care about the cause and that anything helps.
Significantly, the moment during this class that mattered the most to me was the engagement and thought my classmates put towards on which organization deserves the most help from us. Evidently, we would even take about a whole class period, which was an hour and fifty minutes to go through every little flaw or interest that we had towards organizations that we thought were worthy enough for our help. Those long discussions were awesome, mainly because everyone's points were heard and that there weren't any disputes.
Futuristically, In the world on nonprofits and philanthropy, I would put my time in and help out the community by volunteering in non profit organizations. The reason towards that approach is that I wanna feel more involved and apart of the cause. Furthermore, which brings me into another of my reasons on  why volunteering for nonprofits and philanthropy is a great idea. And, it's that organizations nowadays have so little staff that they help way less people and by volunteering more, we all know it could help anyone out a ton.
Strangely enough, the only thing I would probably remember in the next five years from this amazing class is how much fun we had and how much nonprofits and philanthropies really do help out the community.

No comments: