Wednesday, May 24, 2017

While homelessness across the nation continues to decline, Oregon has the highest percentage of homeless.







 
Rents are climbing 8.4 percent across the city. The average monthly rent rising by about $100 and keep going up.



There are 3,801 homeless people in Portland, Oregon.




Homelessness is one of the most visible issues in the Portland. Portlandia have been shocked by the increasing number of homeless That they find when they get here.
People sleep outside in tents or on the streets every night. Especially, When the weather gets nice. That includes children, families, seniors and people with disabilities.

My apartment locates at Goose Hollow area, and I have to walk about 15 minutes from the bus stop. On the way, I can see many homeless people. Someone is getting drunk. Someone is sleeping on the street. 
These make me feel unsafe when I walk through, especially at night. In contrast, I thought how can homeless live when the weather get bad. If they have children, how their children live....

Homelessness is one issue that should be realized and solved.....

Nattawan P.


No comments: